Bella Vista Historical Museum
The Bella Vista Historical Museum remains closed for now. The monthly Bella Vista Civil War Round Table meetings will resume after the museum re-opens.
Bella Vista 4th of July Parade
Due to the pandemic, the 4th of July Patriot Parade has been canceled this year but will resume next year.
To ensure the safety of customers and drivers, the Courtesy Van has suspended all service until it is deemed safe to operate by health officials. Stay tuned for the time it is able to restart service.
Bella Vista Library
While waiting to reopen the doors, Bella Vista librarians are offering curbside pick up. Patrons can call the library or access the card catalog online and reserve a book. The books are checked out, bagged, labeled with a portion of the borrower's name and left on a table in front of the entrance for pickup. There is a whiteboard behind the table which lists the procedures and rules. The library website contains current information at bvpl.org. Hoopla is a good way to access many things digitally. With just your library card, you can access music, movies, TV shows, ebooks and graphic novels online for free. Find it on the website under DISCOVER -- DIGITAL SERVICES.
Updated Club News
Retired Nurses of NWA -- The Retired Nurses of Northwest Arkansas will NOT meet on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, because of continued concerns regarding the covid-19 coronavirus in this area. At this time, the next regularly scheduled meeting will be Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020. For more information, please call 630-659-6925 or 479-715-6352.
Property Owners Association
Watch former University of Arkansas, LPGA Golfers; Maria Fassi, 2019 NCAA National Champion and Gaby Lopez, 2015 NCAA Championship, Runner-Up, June 22-27 at Country Club and Scotsdale golf courses competing in the Northwest Arkansas Charity Classic. See Fairway News for more information.
Open board position --
The board of directors is seeking volunteers interested in serving on the board until the next election. There is one position open on the board.
Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Bella Vista Property Owners Association.
Submit a completed resume (click Resume Info) to the corporate secretary by the close of business on June 30. The corporate secretary can be reached at 479-855-5012 or [email protected]
Candidates must also sign and submit the Statement of Compliance, Statement of Understanding, and Release of Information form (click Resume Info).
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of July 7. Your specific time will be arranged directly with you. Interviews can be in person or via ZOOM.
The candidate selected to fill the open board position will serve until May 31, 2021.
Please direct your questions to the corporate secretary.
Outdoor pools and beach at Lake Avalon guidelines --
• Each individual pool at Kingsdale and Metfield complexes has limited capacity to ensure safe social distancing of 6 feet between non-family members.
• All pools will have specific time-slots in order to maximize the number of members at one time.
• There are three 2 1/2 hour time-slots with 30 minutes in-between to disinfect and clean the facilities.
• The timeslots will be first-come, first-served; at the current time, there is not a reservation system in place.
• Pool timeslots available are: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (closed for disinfecting and cleaning 1:30-2 p.m.); 2-4:30 p.m. (closed for disinfecting and cleaning 4:30-5 p.m.); 5-7 p.m.
• Members are allowed to use just one timeslot per day.
• Physical distancing of 6 feet will be enforced between people in all pool areas, including in the water. Family members may sit and enter the pool together. Chairs between groups will be appropriately spaced and not all members may have a chair.
• Physical distancing will be enforced at slides and the concessions area.
• Anyone with the following characteristics will not be able to enter: a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last two days; a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell; contact with a person known to be infected with covid-19 in the previous 14 days.
• It is recommended that people refrain from entering if 65 years of age or older or they have underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma or weakened immunity.
-- The beach at Lake Avalon will enforce the same social distancing guidelines as the pools, and both the sandy area and the water will be managed with the same directives listed above. Members are asked to respect a maximum three-hour stay.
Beach hours are Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Kayak Demo Day -- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 18 at Lake Ann Park, 13 Windermere Lane. Ozark Mountain Trading Company will have more than 50 different models to try. Representatives from the top manufacturers will be on hand to answer questions, as well as experts from Ozark Mountain Trading Company. Special deals on kayaks and canoes will be offered. Come prepared to test products and get wet.
Kids Fishing Derby -- Kids Fishing Derby is rescheduled to Aug. 7 at the pond behind the Metfield Clubhouse. Local children between the ages of 3 and 15 are welcome to participate. POA membership is not necessary. Parents do not need a license but must not aid children in reeling in fish. Participants must provide their own bait and tackle. The event starts at 8 a.m. and runs until noon. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. at the pond. Call the lakes department at 479-855-5068 with any questions.